Sunday 30 March 2014

Hexagon Hive + Sweet Sorbet = Sweet Hexagons

You might remember I shared a Hexagon Hive sneak peek card back in January. It was apparently quite a popular choice according to Pinterest (pinned 4,500 times so far - thanks heaps!), so when planning my first Feb class I thought my gals might like to make a similar card. So I changed up the design with some newly minted Sweet Sorbet DSP & this is what we made.
It's simpler with less layers than my original card, but I was really happy with how it turned out - especially the pretty flower shaped patchwork backing for the sentiment (from Chalk Talk). I used the hexagon frame cut in crisp cantaloupe, plus some extra hexagons cut in calypso coral & pool party (there's that fave colour scheme again). Some spotty Sweet Sorbet added a fun & fresh background.
In case you're wondering what size the card is, the front is 10.5cm x 13.8cm (4-1/4in x just under 5-1/2 inches)
I think my class lovelies liked this version & hope you do too. I have a little matching box to share with you, plus the second class project in the next couple of posts, so visit again soon.
Inky wishes, Di

PS: the Sweet Sorbet DSP is only available for one more day, so place your $90 order by Monday night & you can choose it for free.

Supplies
Stamps: Petite Petals, Chalk Talk
Card/Paper: pool party, crisp cantaloupe, calypso coral, whisper white

Ink: calypso coral & pool party ink pads & markers
Accessories: basic rhinestones
Tools: Big Shot, Hexagon Hive Thinlit die, Petite Petal punch (bundle), Itty Bitty punch pack (flower), circle punches - 1 3/8in, 1-1/4 inch

1 comment:

Trisha said...

Oh my gosh Di - this is absolutely beautiful!!!!