Sunday 3 August 2014

Quick tissue paper flowers - with instructions

I shared this super quick & easy tissue paper flower on my fb page on Friday, so I thought I'd share it here too with some quick instructions. The instructions will take me longer to write than the flower takes to make. I'm sure you'll be adding them to all your pressies!

Tissue Paper Flower Instructions
1.  Cut 12 flowers using the Floral Collection framelits with your Big Shot. Tissue is very thin, so I easily cut 6 layers at a time. I used the second largest flower in the pack.
2.  Arrange the flowers so the petals are mis-aligned, then attach all layers together at the flower centre with staples or a brad.
3.  Pull up each tissue layer towards the centre of the flower, gradually forming a flower shape. The first layers will be more much tighter & upright than the last layers. Scrunch a little if you want a more distressed look.
4.  If attaching to a gift, adhere a few dimensionals to the back of the flower.

Variations
 - Add colour by very lightly spritzing the tissue with a ink refill/rubbing alcohol mix in a spray bottle.
- Use SU filter paper for longer lasting flowers.

Get these dies for 15% off or FREE in August.
With our Big Shot + Bundles offer, buy a Big Shot this month & you can choose the Flowery Daydream Bundle free. If you already have a Big Shot, buy the bundle for 15% off.
The Flowery Daydream Bundle includes the Flower Collection framelits & Daydream Medallions stamp set. Available in wood in wood mount for $93.25, or cling mount ($82.25).
There are 4 other great bundles to choose from too. See all the Big Shot + Bundles offer info here.

That's all from me for now. Until next time, inky wishes from me.
Di

1 comment:

Darla said...

I LOVE this idea! Thanks for sharing!